Who'd have thought that chicken and Pink Lady® apples would go so well together?
10 mins to prepare // 20 mins to cook // Serves 4
• 4 Chicken breasts
• 3 Tablespoon olive oil
• 350g Cored and sliced Pink Lady® apples
• 125g Fine green beans, trimmed
• 350g Cos lettuce, washed
• 225g Cherry tomatoes, sliced
• 1/4 Onion, finely chopped
• 15g Fresh coriander
• 1 Lime, rind and juice
• 1 Tablespoon honey
• 1 Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken fillets on a board and cover with cling film. Use the end of a rolling pin to gently beat the chicken until it is 1cm thick all over.
2. Brush a frying pan with a little of the oil, then heat until really hot.
3. Add the chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes turning once until charred on both sides. Set aside.
4. Brush the griddle-pan with a little more of the oil, then reheat.
5. Add the apple slices and cook for 2-3 minutes turning once until charred on both sides. Set aside.
6. Meanwhile, cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
7. Tear the lettuce into pieces, place in salad bowl, add the tomatoes, beans, onion and half the coriander leaves.
8. To make the dressing, finely chop the remaining coriander, then mix with the remaining oil, lime rind and juice, honey and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add the chicken to the salad and stir in the dressing to mix together.