A light but wholesome North African salad with a nice contrast between the crunch of Pink Lady® apple and the softness of the couscous.
10 mins to prepare // 10 mins to cook // Serves 2
• 3 Tbsp dry sherry
• 50g sultanas or raisins
• 200g giant couscous
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 Tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
• 1 Pink Lady® apple, cored and diced
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 Tbsp fresh root ginger, finely grated
• 1/2 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped (optional)
• 25g pack fresh mint, leaves only finely chopped
• 1 grated zest of lemon
• 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1. Put sherry into small saucepan and gently warm through. Add sultanas and set aside to soak.
2. Meanwhile put couscous into a saucepan of boiling water and gently simmer for 6-8 minutes until swollen and tender. Drain in a sieve and rinse in cold water. Drain again thoroughly, using the base of a bowl to squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
3. Put paprika, cinnamon and cumin into dry frying pan and gently heat until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and stir in couscous, sultanas and soaking sherry. Check seasoning and serve.