5 mins to prepare // 5 mins to cook // Serves 4
- 150g Porridge oats
- 400ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 300ml Water
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady® apples, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Pecans, roughly chopped
- Place the oats, milk, water and cinnamon in a heavy based saucepan. Bring up to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently, and cook for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Add a splash more milk or water if it is getting too thick.
- Stir through the diced Pink Lady® apple, cooking for just another 30 seconds or so to warm the apple through.
- Spoon into bowls, sprinkle brown sugar to taste and scatter on the pecans.
- Serve immediately while piping hot.