- Half a wheel of brie
- 6 Pink Lady peeled and cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup Calvados
- In a frying pan, melt some butter and fry the wedges until they have a good golden brown colour.
- Once the apple is a good colour add white sugar and turn the heat down, keep cooking until the sugar starts to turn into a caramel, then bring heat back up to full power, add Calvados and light it on fire with a lighter (watch your eyebrows!).
- Transfer the apples and the juice to a tray to cool down.
- Cut the brie in half (width ways) with a long knife using warm water to warm up the blade (it helps if the brie is very cold).
- Place the cooked apples over the entire surface of the cut brie.
- Add the rest of the juice and another 2Tbsp of Calvados, put the other half of the brie back on top and press it gently.
- Keep it covered in the fridge for at least 5 days before serving.