- 1 side of fresh salmon with the skin on
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g fine salt
- 1 red onion
- Fresh Chives
- 2 Pink Lady apples cored
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 6 Table Spoons of Olive Oil
- Fresh Dill
- Mix caster sugar and salt
- Cover the salmon on both sides (the salmon needs to be totally covered) and keep it in the fridge for 24h
- The next day, remove the salmon from the salt & sugar mixture and rinse it under running water for 10min.
- Remove the skin and chop the salmon into very small cubes
- Finely chop red onions, chives & Pink Lady apples, add to the chopped salmon.
- Stir in lemon juice and olive oil.
- Let it rest for at least 2h.
- Serve chilled & garnished with dill.