For 1L of apple Cider Jelly:
- 11 Gelatine leaves
- 200g of apple cider
- 150g white sugar
For the apples & Pain Perdu:
- 6 Pink Lady apples, cored, peeled & cut in half
- Extra White Sugar
- Caster Sugar
- Place gelatine leaves in a bowl with cold water until the leaves soften then drain and dry the leaves.
- Bring cider and white sugar to the boil, once the cider is boiling, turn the heat off and wait a few seconds until it stops boiling. Add the gelatine leaves and mix it well with a whisk, (it is very important that you add the gelatine when the cider has stopped boiling).
- Transfer the liquid to a tray, cover with glad wrap and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Once the jelly has set, remove from the try and cut the jelly into 1cm squares.
- Place the Pink Lady apples in a tray, cut side up, fill the centre of the apple with butter and sprinkle with some white sugar.
- Cover the tray with aluminium and baked it at 150C for 15-20 until the apples are cooked and soft.
- Let the apples cool & cut each half into cubes.
- Cut the brioche into 5cm x 1cm sticks and pan fry brioche with butter until each side is coloured.
- Place them on a paper towel & then roll in caster sugar.
- Serve one stick of brioche with a cube of apple and 1 square of jelly.