20 mins to prepare // 45 mins to cook // Serves 5 (as a side dish)
- 30g Butter
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 Sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 6 Sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 2 Cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 900g Pork mince
- 1 Large egg
- 100g Walnuts, roughly chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Pink Lady® apple cut into cubes for the stuffing mix
- Small bunch Sage leaves, finely chopped
- Zest of 2 large oranges (one for the stuffing, one for garnish)
- 30g Breadcrumbs
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- In a non-stick frying pan, melt the butter and add the onions, rosemary and thyme. Cook to soften the onions. Just before you take off the heat add the chopped garlic cloves and soften. Empty into a bowl to cool.
- In another large bowl add the pork mince and egg. Beat the mixture (best done with hands) to work the egg into the meat, thickening it.
- Add the onion mix and the diced Pink Lady® apple to the pork mince and then combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the mix in a lined loaf tin and roast for 45 mins or until fully cooked through. Turn out onto a board and garnish with chopped walnuts, orange zest and thyme leaves.