40 mins to prepare // 20 mins to cook // Serves 6
- 100g Ground almonds
- 60g Icing sugar sifted
- 2 Tablespoon rosewater
- 1 Pack ready rolled puff pastry (at room temp)
- 4 Pink Lady® apples (each quartered and cored)
- 1 Tablespoon English runny honey warmed
- Icing sugar to dust
- 300ml Double cream
- 1 Tablespoon icing sugar sifted
- 1 vanilla pod split length ways with seeds scraped out
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan oven 180c.
- Mix the almonds, icing sugar, rosewater and 1 tbsp water together in a bowl to create a frangipane mix.
- Unroll the pastry onto a floured surface. Roll gently width ways to widen the pastry slightly so it becomes wide enough to allow you to cut a circle around a dinner plate. Carefully transfer the circle onto the baking tray and prick all over with a fork to within 1cm of the edge. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Cut each apple quarter into 3 wedges and toss in a bowl with the warmed honey.
- Spread the frangipane paste to within 1cm of the edge of the pastry. Arrange the apple wedges on top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 200C/fan oven 170c and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and the frangipane is golden.
- Meanwhile make the Chantilly cream. Whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, chill until ready to serve.