10 minutes to prepare // 20 minutes to cook // Serves 4
- 1 small Celeriac, peeled and chopped into roughly 1 cm chunks
- 4 Pink Lady® peeled, cored and chopped into cubes
- 2 Potatoes (mashing variety), peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 150ml Double cream
- 6 tbsps Truffle oil
- 1 Truffle
- 1 tbsp Salt and pepper
- Put the celeriac, Pink Lady® apples, potatoes, garlic and bay leaves into a deep pan and fill with enough water until covered. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 – 20 mins or until the celeriac is very soft.
- Drain into a colander removing the bay leaves and leave to cool with no steam, as the steam will make it waterlogged.
- Once cooled, put back into your pan and mash to a smooth consistency. Heat up the mash and slowly stir in the double cream until thoroughly mixed through.
- Finely grate nearly all your truffle reserving some for the top and add 3tbsps of truffle oil, salt and pepper and mix again.
- To finish, scoop into a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining truffle oil, grate the remaining truffle and serve.