20 minutes to prepare // 30 minutes to cook // Serves 6
- 2 or 3 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 Lemon's juice
- 50g Melted butter
- 1 Sheet ready roll puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- Sprinkle Icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Slice your apples in half and remove the core but keeping the half apple intact.
- Thinly slice your apples and put into a microwavable bowl with the juice of a lemon (to prevent browning and to make the apples more pliable). Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to soften. Leave to cool.
- Open up your puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Cut lengthways into 6 even strips.
- Brush each strip with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and caster sugar.
- Start at one end of the pastry and place your apple slices half way up the pastry (so you can fold the pastry over later). Place the apple slices along the pastry overlapping slightly as you go. Leave a gap of few centimetres at the end to stick the pastry together.
- Fold over the bottom half of the pastry and roll from the end that you started placing the apples first. Lightly press the excess pastry to seal together.
- Place into a lined muffin mould.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180°c.
- Cool on a wire rack, then sprinkle with icing sugar to finish.