The sweet crunch of Pink Lady® apple is the perfect partner to some succulent, tender pork.
10 mins to prepare // 10 mins to cook // Serves 2
• 3 Tablespoons good quality mango chutney
• 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 Tablespoon tomato pure
• 1 Garlic clove, crushed
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Medium red onion
• 2 Pink Lady® apples
• 600g Pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise and cut into 24 cubes
1. These succulent skewers are ideal for the barbie, so once the sun shines get cooking! Coated in a tangy mango and tomato glaze, all that’s needed is a few flatbreads and shredded leaves to finish the meal.
2. Preheat the grill or BBQ to medium hot. Meanwhile to make the glaze, mix together the chutney, vinegar, tomato puree, garlic and 1 tbsp of oil. Season generously.
3. Cut the onion in half and then cut each half into 4 pieces, to make 8 pieces in total. Core the Pink Lady® apples and then cut each half into 4 wedges. Then cut each wedge in half to make 24 pieces in total.
4. Thread 8 metal skewers each with 1 piece of onion and then alternate 4 pieces of Pink Lady® apple and 3 pieces of pork. Brush the skewers with the remaining oil and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway.
5. Then baste the skewers with the glaze and cook for a further 8-10 minutes, basting regularly, until lightly charred and cooked. Serve immediately.