The smokiness of the chorizo really complements the famous zing of a Pink Lady® apple.
5 - 10 mins to prepare // 15 - 20 mins to cook // Serves 4
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Onion, sliced
• 250g Pack chorizo cooking sausages, sliced
• 1/2 Red pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 Green pepper, finely diced
• 1 Garlic clove, crushed
• 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
• 200g Dried basmati rice
• 1/2 400g Can chopped tomatoes
• 450ml Chicken stock
• 1 Pinch of saffron threads soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
• 1 Pink Lady® apple, cored and diced
• 1 Lemon wedges and coriander leaves to serve
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and sausage for 3-4 minutes until beginning to colour and soften. Add peppers, garlic and smoked paprika and cook for a further 3 minutes.
2. Add the rice, chopped tomatoes, stock, saffron and soaking liquid and bring to the boil. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 10 minutes, without lifting the lid.
3. Stir in the apple cubes and cover. Take off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Check seasoning, scatter with coriander and serve with the lemon wedges.