Open All | Close All
1. What kind of apple is a Pink Lady® apple?
Pink Lady® apples are the best of a variety of apples called Cripps Pink – a tasty cross between Golden Delicious and Lady William.
2. What does a Pink Lady® apple taste like?
Crisp, sweet and delicious with a wonderful fizz.
3. What does a Pink Lady® apple look like?
Light green with a pink blush.
4. How big is a Pink Lady® apple? Do they come in different sizes?
Pink Lady® apples average between 65-90mm diameter and on average weigh 133g. Overseas you can find a smaller PinKids® apples.
5. Where do Pink Lady® apples come from?
The New Zealand Pink Lady® Apples are NZ Grown. But the variety can be found around the world - often in fine wine growing regions; France, Italy, America, Chile, Argentina, South Africa and Australia to name a few.
6. What happens to the Pink Lady® apples that don't fit the quality standards required?
The apples that don’t get to wear a Pink Lady® sticker don’t go to waste - they are used for lots of different things including Pink Lady® apple juice.
7. How long does it take for a Pink Lady® apple to grow?
7 months, 200 days of sunshine.
8. How many calories are there in a Pink Lady® apple?
A typical Pink Lady® apple contains 70kcal.
9. When are Pink Lady® apples available and most plentiful?
In New Zealand the apples are available June to November. The season peak is August - October. They are available in the North Island and the upper South Island.
10. Where in New Zealand are Pink Lady® apples grown?
The sunny Hawke's Bay, Waikato and Nelson regions of New Zealand.
If you can't find your question answered here send it to us via email at email@example.com